Saturday, December 08, 2012

A Christmas Story

A couple winters back, I bought a cashmere sweater at a thrift shop. It was in perfect condition and only $2. Now it has little holes in the front from a little bug that had a nice meal. I didn't want to throw it out so I cut off the sleeves to have a cashmere undershirt. It's soft and warm and no one can see the little holes.

Today, my baldy-head was cold, so I put one of the sleeves on my head - it looks like an old time sleeping cap. Later, I had to go to market and wore it in the car then forgot I had it on. While choosing some meat, a man approached me and asked if I was one of Santa's elves. I said, "I could be..." because I was also wearing my old man half-glasses down low on my nose, and with the beard, yeah, I probably looked like an elf. Plus, nobody should really know who's an elf and who isn't . He continued saying he had been standing near a mother with two young boys about 4 and 5 when they saw me. He said the kids pointed at me and one breathlessly said, "Look, Momma! It's a Santa elf!"

I only wanted to warm my head, but ended up having my heart warmed, too.

No comments: