Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ann Romney, Whoopi Goldberg, and My Friend, Bill

"WHOOPI GOLDBERG: As first lady, if you get the job, it’s going to entail a lot of things, and one of those things is going to be talking to the mothers whose children are coming home in bags, you know, from wars. Now, I know -- I believe that your religion doesn’t allow you to go fight."
It's truly tragic that Whoopi Goldberg has more influence on public opinion than smart people. But, thanks for giving Mrs Romney the opportunity to correct this particular lunacy.



I posted that on Facebook. A Liberal Democrat 47%er Obama supporter of whom Romney has no chance of persuading, entered into this conversation with me by posting -
Bill wrote: "Mormons anti-war position might be an antiquated belief among them that no longer holds true, but for glaring examples of lunacy, dig a little deeper into their religion & what they believed in at one time. Whoopi's statement pales by comparison."

Indigo Red wrote: Proceed, Bill.
At this point, "Bill" (a pseudonym because even I have sympathy for morons) deleted the comment. Now, Bill is a frequent - read: daily - amusing pain who seldom says exactly and clearly what he means, yet feels compelled to parse every word I type. My decision has never been to let him off the hook he sets for himself and this was no exception. Note, people who like me call me Indigo or Indy while folks who don't like me, invariably call me Red, so I have Bill use Red. Now, back to the conversation -
Bill: Red...I've decided not to alienate some of my friends.

Indigo Red: You mean, you want to hide the truth that you believe what you wrote here - before you denied and deleted it - that "Mormons anti-war position might be an antiquated belief among them that no longer holds true, but for glaring examples of lunacy, dig a little deeper into their religion & what they believed in at one time. Whoopi's statement pales by comparison." Stand by what you write, Bill, or don't write it.

Bill: I deleted it for a reason. Sometimes we comment & decide it's best not to...You're a thorough asshole for reposting it.

Indigo Red: You were a thorough asshole for writing such a vile, disgusting, and ignorant comment in the first place. Then to delete it because your friends might see and know what you really think was doubly vile. Yes, people dislike and often hate me, but they know exactly what I think and they know who they're dealing with. Said it before, Bill, you need to do a lot of self reflection.

Bill: At least I have a reflection.
Delta often breaks into these exchanges because they disturb her hippie-dippy-psychedelic-flower-power sensibilities. She's a good person, though - and funny. She cares for elderly patients and defends bears. Like all mommy-types, no one listens to her admonitions and exhortations.
Delta: ok' here we go again, (friendshipsPolitics)=insanity, I think Ann Romney should be pres...shes a doll and very real

Delta: Our time is short, Dec 21 deadline, pls make up...lol

Indigo Red: Ooooo! A vampire reference. I'm quaking in my cloak.

Bill: Oh, and you mentioned my comment is "vile & disgusting"? I doubt anyone would assign that description to that comment...you have no clue as to the meaning of those two words.

Indigo Red: Okay. How about: abominable, wretched, loathsome, despicable, offensive, unpleasant, degrading, wicked, shameful, miserable, ignoble, base, mean, perverted, course, repugnant, repulsive, sickening, offensive, vulgar, foul, odious, gross, nasty, hateful, obnoxious, detestable, grotty, and yucky.

Bill: Keep talking, Batshit Red.

Indigo Red: Proceed, Bill.

Bill: Looks like you found your thesaurus.

Indigo Red: The thesaurus has been extinct for millions of years, Bill. Geez, you don't anything about paleontology either.

Bill: If you bothered to review my original post, you'd see see (sic) that my references refer to aspects of the religion that "they believed in at one time", but no longer do. I could dig into the Old Testament of my own religion & make the same claims. 
Indigo Red: Of course, you did, Bill. Proceed with the rationalization.

Bill: Yes I did, you even re-posted it.
Having come full circle, I ended the exchange here because I had better things to do, like watching a mind-numbing tv show.

I said Bill's original comment "vile and disgusting. Bill doubts "anyone would assign that description to that comment?" What say you? Is it, or is it not, vile and disgusting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we can just stick with totally ignorant. Don