Sunday, September 25, 2011

New DPRK PR Poster

Democratic People's Republic of Korea (N. Korea) released two new posters "to help more splendidly spruce up Pyongyang and hasten the harvest this year" and, according to The Daily Caller, to confuse the apparently starving citizenry about the forthcoming poor autumn harvest.

This poster is captioned, "Let us all go for harvesting!"

Here's what the poster says to me:
North Korea, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.
North Korea, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
Makin' lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, North Korea!
North Korea D.P.R.K.




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may never feel the same way about my favorite musical again. Don

Indigo Red said...

Don, I nearly blew my Wheaties thru my nose when I saw the poster cuz the Okalahoma lyrics was my immediate thought and I'm not so sure it wasn't that of the NKoreans too.

Louise said...

My God. The image of you blowing Wheaties through your nose is too much. Too much. Kindly refrain.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you can't be too careful with the sharp edges on those wheat flakes! Don