Sunday, May 09, 2010

I am I and This is My Quest

Though sung by the character Don Quixote, a knight of woeful countenance, Linda Eder gives the definitive performance.


You Tube
The songs "Man of La Mancha (I, Don Quixote) and "Impossible Dream (The Quest) have been very important to me since I first heard them and then saw the stage performance. When in La Mancha, Spain, I tilted at my own windmill, but failed in my quest to reach the monster for the hill was too steep and the brush too thick. I continue that quest here. Portions of the lyric appear at the top of this blog beneath the Indigo Red title and speaks directly to the world and danger in which we live today.



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I love the novel Don Quijote! As a Spanish major, I read the entire novel in the original Spanish.

The novel doesn't translate very well because of the linguistic puns inherent to Spanish.

BTW, Don Quijote was the first-ever novel. Cervantes and his knight revolutionized the world of fiction!

Indigo Red said...

I read the novel and too bad it was in English as I knew about the puns and jokes that were lost in translation. It's a good story nonetheless.