Monday, March 15, 2010

A Question of Ownership


I am totally owned by a cat named Alice. This morning she was frantically trying to get my attention running from living room to bedroom, stopping to stare at me mewing pleadingly. I followed where she led; finding nothing amiss, I returned to my previous activity. She blocked my way as I retreated; I picked her up, scratched her head, and rubbed her belly which she liked, alas, to no avail.

We returned to the living room where Alice sat on the sofa to just stare at me instead of curling up to nap. Feeling very uncomfortable under her laser-like focus, a thought hit me - I had yet to make my bed! Alice always occupies the bed with the pillows and a knitted baby blanket to laze the day away. Dopey me, I had left Alice with no place to sleep... bad, bad man!







The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL My dog also uses a laser like stare to keep me from ignoring her. Don

Indigo Red said...

How did our pets get so technological?

Tom's Place said...

Nothing like being owned by a cat (or two)...

Louise said...

You actually make your bed? What's the point. You're just gonna mess it up again.

Indigo Red said...

I also clean my home; shower, shave, and brush my teeth each day; cook and eat complete meals; launder and iron my own clothes. I do this in same spirit that British soldiers did when imprisoned in WWII - to keep their spirits up, avoid depression, and not surrender to the dark side.

Anonymous said...

If I wanted to make my bed I would get divorced. Don't let Dcat see this post. Don

Louise said...

Are you for hire?

Indigo Red said...

Yes.

Mike's America said...

That's a cute picture. It reminds me of when my cat Hobbes used to sleep on top of the old CRT computer monitor where it was nice and warm. I was working on the computer one day watching as he slipped off the monitor, hit the desk and didn't wake up until he hit the floor.

He's been gone two years now on St. Pats Day. I miss him a lot.

Indigo Red said...

I remember when Hobbes passed. It was a very sad time for you. Alice is getting to be a senior cat and, like most folks, I am reluctantly realizing she will not live my lifetime through.