Monday, March 01, 2010

Obama Smokes, Drinks Too Much, and Can't Keep Promises


Doctors advised Obama, during his first physical since his ascendancy, to moderate his "alcohol intake" and continue the smoking cessation medication, described as "nicotine replacement therapy, self-use".

Since his time as a freshman Illinois State Senator in 2005, the "[o]ne thing he has tried to do for his children--quit smoking--is among his biggest struggles. "The flesh is weak," he said. "It's an ongoing battle. I have my gum, my patches and all that stuff." " His wife, Michelle, "told the Chicago Sun-Times that he smokes ‘about three Marlboros a day.’ " He made a promise to Michelle that when he embarked on his campaign to become president he would quit, at the time he said he was smoking about eight a day.

Yet, he continues to sneak a death stick outside the Oval Office as he also claims he doesn't smoke in the White House. When asked about the smoking by reporters, he said he had quit, but later had to admit "he sneaks an occasional cigarette"... "Have I fallen off the wagon sometimes? Yes,” Mr. Obama said Tuesday at a White House news conference. “Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No." ... "I don’t do it in front of my kids," he said. "I don’t do it in front of my family. I would say that I am 95 percent cured, but there are times where I mess up."

Because his federally employed physicians advised him to "moderate" his drinking, it can be assumed Obama was drinking enough booze to cause concern. After all, doctors seldom, if ever, recommend increasing alcohol intake to excessive amounts. However, if Obama is running the country while sober, I would recommend he try excessive drinking because sober's not working.

Obama cannot quit stop his smoking addiction, has increased is alcohol consumption so much he had not noticed that his doctor had to tell him to cut back, and he can't keep promises made to his wife and children, how is that the American people can trust Obama at all?

It is a matter of trust, it is about him, and he can't be trusted.




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

2 comments:

Tom C said...

I smoked for 25 years. One day I put them down. That was 9 years ago. It's about nothing more than deciding to quit. Keeping the booze though. I hope one day to be drunk enough for even the democrats to seem funny.

Indigo Red said...

Good job on the smokes, Tom. Good plan on the booze.