Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bipartisan Without Bipartisanship

Nancy Pelosi made another contribution to the list stupid quotes while speaking on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday morning. Defending the Democrat health care bill as a work of true bipartisanship with a Republican imprint, the Speaker said,
"Bipartisanship is a two-way street. A bill can be bipartisan without bipartisan votes."
This joins the ranks of other great quotes in American history:
"We had to destroy the village in order to save it." - Peter Arnet, CBS reporter quoting anonymous US Army officer in Vietnam, 1968.

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." -
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008.

"I actually did vote for the 87 billion before I voted against it." -
John Kerry, on the presidential campaign trail, Sep. 2004.

"Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii..." -
Barack Obama addressing a campaign rally in Oregon, May 2008.

"I'm not a crook" -
Richard Nixon, Nov. 1973

"You would be hard pressed to identify a piece of legislation that we have proposed out there that, net, is not good for businesses." -
Barack Obama, POTUS, Feb. 2010.
And my persoanl favorite,
"My eyes are as good as yours and I don’t see any Indians." - Lt. Col./ brevet Maj.Gen. George Custer, hours before being killed by thousand of Indians at Greasy Grass/ Little Bighorn, June 1876.
There are so, so many more. Feel free to add your own favorites.




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

No comments: