Lisbeth Knudsen, CEO of Berlingske Media, said of the cancellation,
We have had a clear-cut agreement, and it is unusual with great disappointment that we have to announce that Al Gore cancels. We have welcomed us and had a huge expectation for the event. We have appreciated that we have been able to give the Danes the opportunity to get close to the Climate Summit via Al Gore. We do not yet know the detailed reasons for the cancellation.Hmmm... what could those "unforeseen changes" have been? Could they possibly be related to the discovery and release of emails exchanged between leading climate scientists at the
University of East Anglia's Hadley Climate Research Unit (CRU), one of the world's leading climate change research centres, indicate that prominent scientists cooked the books to make the case for man-made global warming.The data released to the public by an unnamed whistleblower revealed a nearly unrivalled world of data manipulation and invention, law evasion, and outright lying on the part of one the most respected and influential group of scientists involved in global climate change research. The blog, Watts Up With That?, gives a good summary of the issues as explained by Lord Monckton's report,"Climategate: Caught Green"Climate-Handed!"
Misconduct at an institute as respected and influential as Hadley -- including the manipulation and deletion of data and deliberate attempts to suppress peer-reviewed papers skeptical of global warming, as the e-mails indicate-- would undermine the very basis of an issue that is driving much of the world agenda. Global warming, endorsed by the national science academies of every major industrialized nation, would not only be flawed science, it would be the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the world." [Calgary Herald]
- A tiny clique of politicized scientists, paid by unscientific politicians with whom they were financially and politically linked, were responsible for gathering and reporting data on temperatures from the palaeoclimate to today’s climate. The “Team”, as they called themselves, were bending and distorting scientific data to fit a nakedly political story-line profitable to themselves and congenial to the governments that, these days, pay the bills for 99% of all scientific research.The fraud has been exposed and the heat is now on Al Gore and global warming mongers. We can only hope this is the first of a long string cancellations of Al Gore and his fried-earthers.* The Climate Research Unit at East Anglia had profited to the tune of at least $20 million in “research” grants from the Team’s activities.
* The Team had tampered with the complex, bureaucratic processes of the UN’s climate panel, the IPCC, so as to exclude inconvenient scientific results from its four Assessment Reports, and to influence the panel’s conclusions for political rather than scientific reasons.
* The Team had conspired in an attempt to redefine what is and is not peer-reviewed science for the sake of excluding results that did not fit what they and the politicians with whom they were closely linked wanted the UN’s climate panel to report.
* They had tampered with their own data so as to conceal inconsistencies and errors.
* They had emailed one another about using a “trick” for the sake of concealing a “decline” in temperatures in the paleoclimate.
* They had expressed dismay at the fact that, contrary to all of their predictions, global temperatures had not risen in any statistically-significant sense for 15 years, and had been falling for nine years. They had admitted that their inability to explain it was “a travesty”. This internal doubt was in contrast to their public statements that the present decade is the warmest ever, and that “global warming” science is settled.
* They had interfered with the process of peer-review itself by leaning on journals to get their friends rather than independent scientists to review their papers.
* They had successfully leaned on friendly journal editors to reject papers reporting results inconsistent with their political viewpoint.
* They had campaigned for the removal of a learned journal’s editor, solely because he did not share their willingness to debase and corrupt science for political purposes.
* They had mounted a venomous public campaign of disinformation and denigration of their scientific opponents via a website that they had expensively created.
* Contrary to all the rules of open, verifiable science, the Team had committed the criminal offense of conspiracy to conceal and then to destroy computer codes and data that had been legitimately requested by an external researcher who had very good reason to doubt that their “research” was either honest or competent.
The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.