Saturday, October 24, 2009

YAHOO E-mail

For the most part, I like my YAHOO service. That is to say, I needn't think too much about it. I don't really know how it all works and don't really care; when I turn on the computer, it's just there like my car just starts when I turn the key.

But, somebody always has to tinker with something that is working fine and that throws a cog in the wheel of the total computer web experience. To whit, email worked well and stuff went where I wanted it to go. A month ago, YAHOO did some updating and now mail goes wherever it wants no matter what my instructions. Here is what I wrote to YAHOO service:

Since the E-Mail updates a month ago, items NOT SPAM are labeled as spam and items that ARE SPAM are allowed into the inbox.

Moments ago, I received a 1979 family with my Grandmother and my father, both deceased. The Spam Filter sent it to spam. I must check the spam file before I do anything.

No matter how many times I ID items as spam they still arrive to the inbox. Those I clearly mark SPAM over and over again, still end up in the inbox.

Also, mailings from Conservative or Republican political groups end up in Spam, but Liberal or Democrat crap always goes to inbox. Just a little YAHOO political bias?
I attempted to send the missive, but a notice told me my concern was needing the assistance of a service representative, maybe Dave in New Delhi. It got too involved after that, so I decided to post it here because YAHOO and other companies monitor blogs for reference to their company and often respond quicker than Dave in New Delhi.





The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Use Gmail or GMX.com. It works

Anonymous said...

Dave has to be faster than Tish in Bangladesh. Don

Indigo Rose said...

I still have my yahoo acct for all my mail order stuff, but friends and family have been invited to find me on my new gmail account.
I am tired of being told there is no connection; try again. Or not being allowed to open my emails unless I click on them several time.
So long yahoo. It was good while it lasted.