Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Obama Inaugural Speech- The Short Version

President Obama's Inaugural Address is a very good speech filled with inspiration, the American can-do spirit, and Hollywood nonsense. While reading the speech, in the back of my mind I knew I had heard it before, but where?

OH YEAH! Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Swing Time, 1936. Barack Obama said,
Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America.

And remember, three steps to the Left, and three steps to the Right. That's how one governs from the Center.




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

3 comments:

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Ha...that was cute.

Obama's speech? Not so much.

Gayle said...

I didn't listen to Obama's speech, Indigo. I went shopping and helped out the economy instead. I thought it was a more worthwhile use of my time. :)

Loved the video, though.

Indigo Red said...

I've yet to hear the speech, I've only read it. However, the video apparently captures the general tone. I've been hearing the news this morning. Interviiewees are quoting or mentioning the phrase ...we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again...