Thursday, September 04, 2008

I was blessed by misfortune - John McCain

Photo: John McCain grilling servant for guests at Sedona home.


I've been an imperfect servant of my country for many years. But I have been her servant first, last and always. And I've never lived a day, in good times or bad, that I didn't thank God for the privilege.

Long ago, something unusual happened to me that taught me the most valuable lesson of my life. I was blessed by misfortune. I mean that sincerely. I was blessed because I served in the company of heroes, and I witnessed a thousand acts of courage, compassion and love.
(...)

I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need. My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God.
(...)

I'm going to fight for my cause every day as your President. I'm going to fight to make sure every American has every reason to thank God, as I thank Him: that I'm an American, a proud citizen of the greatest country on earth, and with hard work, strong faith and a little courage, great things are always within our reach. Fight with me. Fight with me.

Fight for what's right for our country.

Fight for the ideals and character of a free people.

Fight for our children's future.

Fight for justice and opportunity for all.

Stand up to defend our country from its enemies.

Stand up for each other; for beautiful, blessed, bountiful America.

Stand up, stand up, stand up and fight. Nothing is inevitable here. We're Americans, and we never give up. We never quit. We never hide from history. We make history.
John McCain cannot raise his hands above his shoulders because of the torture he received while fighting in the uniform of his country.

I cannot fight in the uniform of my country because of a circumstance of birth.

John McCain fought for me.

I can raise my hands. I will raise my hands for John McCain. I will raise them high for John McCain.



McCain acceptance speech full text at Indigo Continuum.

The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

8 comments:

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

John McCain cannot raise his hands above his shoulders because of the torture he received while fighting in the uniform of his country.

I cannot fight in the uniform of my country because of a circumstance of birth.

John McCain fought for me.

I can raise my hands. I will raise my hands for John McCain. I will raise them high for John McCain.


Very well-spoken.

Gayle said...

Extremely well spoken, Indigo!

McCain did great. I just heard on Fox News that McCain's acceptance speech beat Obama's by one million viewers! WOOHOO! Or perhaps I should say HOOAH! :)

Mike's America said...

"I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need. My country saved me."

That's such a perfect contrast between the two candidates.

Who would you rather have as president: a man who respects and values this country for the greatness it possesses or a man whose ego leads him to believe he was anointed by whatever tree god Dems believe in to save the world?

Messianic leaders always seem to make a mess of things.

The Silent Majority of America awoke during the GOP convention and now tens of thousands of Americans are flocking to McCain Palin rallies in numbers that match those of the annointed one.

FLASH: Stay tuned for the story of trash bags found at Denver at the Dem convention filled with discarded American flags.

Indigo Red said...

Thanks, Word and Gayle. Sometimes I get lucky and the words are just there.

The TV audience shows once agian the recent polling. 55% of Americans think of themselves as Conservatives. Remember though, not all Conservatives are Republicans. Many, many are Democrats who can't bring themselves to a change lifelong affiliation and some are Independents.

That is one of he starkest contrasts, Mike. I'm glad McCain is making those differences clear. The Obama people are criticising because Mac didn't talk about what he'd do about the economy and peoples personal finances. They don't understand those issues are none of the governments business.

Besides, John has already said what should be done - nothing, let the marketplace play itself out. I'm all for that. Maybe people will be more careful with their money if Uncle Sam isn't there to bail them out every time a stupid person drops a bundle in the market.

dcat said...

As so will I!

dcat said...

9/06/2008 09:07:00 AM

Mike,
Does this mean the trash baggers will now move the hell out of our country! THEY are the trash the USA folks would like to discard!

One can only hope!!!

Indigo Red said...

Excellent, dcat. If enough of us raise our hands for John McCain, he will win.

If that doesn't work and Obama wins, at least our hands will already be in the air when Obama and his Oh, So Morose Democrats come 'round to rob us.

dcat said...

Let them try!

That is when they will be down and armed!