Friday, August 22, 2008

My Shot at Fame and Fortune

Every Friday night, Pamela Geller hosts an Open Thread, Art That Touches Me, on her blog Atlas Shrugs. She presents her favorite artists and paintings, musicians and songs. Tonight, Mama Cass of the Mamas and Papas sings "Dream A Little Dream".

Pamela and her blog have become very popular. I want to be popular, too. I want lots of visitors and regular readers. I want to hobnob. But, how can I do this? Then I thought I'd do like Pamela does. Then I thought, Pamela is a smart and beautiful woman and I am not. What can I do? I know! I can try a music video on Friday night.

So here it is ... my shot at fame and fortune. Or everlasting ridicule.



Ron Dante, The Archies, Sugar Sugar


Come on, admit it. You were singing along, weren't you?! Yeah, you were!



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

5 comments:

Indigo Rose said...

I much prefer Sugar Sugar over Dream a Little Dream of Me!
This is your moment!!! Fame you can have, but if you make your fortune at this, do remember me :-)
This sure beats some crap song I couldn't listen to the other day ... some girl singing about kissing another girl... just not into that...

Sra Scherzophrenic said...

Heh, I know what you mean. Monkeys and Partridge Family....I secretly miss 'em. I finally got that stupid I kissed a girl song outta my head. It took a lot of Rachmaninov and Brahms, but I flushed it out real good. By the way, came over here from Atlas! Are ya a little bit more famous, now?

Gayle said...

I haven't heard that "I kissed a Girl" song yet and hope I never do!

Loved the clip, Indigo. Haven't heard that one in a long time. Thanks! :)

Indigo Red said...

I'd like thank all who came to be enterrtained, especially those from Atlas Shrugs.

I knew that Pamela's readers are big users of links, but what I didn't think would happen did. You guys watched the entire video! I was flabergasted to see how many people secretly like that song. I certainly do.

dcat said...

Me too Indigo! Reminds me of the fair when I was I think 13 and riding dressage on "Sugar"!

Sugar lady princess!

Thanks for the memories!