Thursday, June 26, 2008

Death to Child Rapers Violates Constitution, Supreme Court Violates Common Decency

The rape of a child caused me to finally condemn the liberal position against capital punishment. This led me to question the entire Democrat platform and I could no longer abide by the stupidity of my former party. I could no longer justify the killing of a child while preserving the life of the killer. On that day, I admitted I was four-square a Conservative Republican, favoring capital punishment and opposing abortion.

Not far from where I live, an electrical engineer kidnapped, raped, and murdered a little girl in his RV. They neighbors and the parents knew the man as friendly. On a back road in San Diego County, he dumped her body in the roadside ditch and set the body aflame. He then drove home, cleaned the RV with bleach. He missed one fingerprint left by the child on the nightstand next to the bed.

He was convicted. I don't remember the sentence, but I advocated death then and ever since for child molesters, child rapists, and child murderers. Today, the US Supreme Court decided in a Louisiana case that capital punishment does not fit the crime, is cruel and unusual punishment, so is therefore unconstitutional. Only the loss of life justifies the death penalty, they said. They are wrong. The damage to a child is incalculable. Beyond that, a child molester, rapist, murderer cannot be rehabilitated, and are the most likely to recommit. They are the most dangerous of all criminals, because they can't be stopped and we refuse to eliminate them from society as soon as they appear.

I am not outraged because I am not surprised. I am surprised by this, though. Barack Obama told reporters in Chicago

"I disagree with the decision. I have said repeatedly that I think that the death penalty should be applied in very narrow circumstances for the most egregious of crimes."

The expected Democratic nominee said he believed the rape of a child "is a heinous crime" that fits the circumstance, siding with the four conservative justices who sit on the court...
As expected, Sen. John McCain released a statement condemning the decision of the majority as
"an assault on law enforcement's efforts to punish these heinous felons for the most despicable crime ... That there is a judge anywhere in America who does not believe that the rape of a child represents the most heinous of crimes, which is deserving of the most serious of punishments, is profoundly disturbing."




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

No comments: