Monday, May 19, 2008

"Lay off my wife" Obama Warns


After making his wife a major part of his campaign, Barack Obama has warned the GOP and others to "lay off my wife."

A political ad in Tennessee rerunning Michelle Obama's remarks at a campaign rally, "for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country." ABC Good Morning America asked about the ad this morning and Barry jumped in saying


"The GOP, should I be the nominee, I think can say whatever they want to say about me, my track record. I've been in public life for 20 years. I expect them to pore through everything that I've said, every utterance, every statement. And to paint it in the most undesirable light possible. That's what they do."

"But I do want to say this to the GOP. If they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful. Because that I find unacceptable," he said.

Obama praised his wife's patriotism and said that for Republicans "to try to distort or to play snippets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her I think is just low class ... and especially for people who purport to be promoters of family values, who claim that they are protectors of the values and ideals and the decency of the American people to start attacking my wife in a political campaign I think is detestable."

"But I also think these folks should lay off my wife."

Michelle and Barack Obama made her part of the campaign. That makes her a legitimate target for criticism just as any other campaign worker or advisor who may say something insane, inane, wrong, distorting, or just plain stupid.


Barry, if you don't want your wife to be the target of political attacks, get her out of campaign.




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy McCain is a druggie who steals meds and invests her money in rogue states. The gop go the 'wife route' we got things coming for you.

Indigo Red said...

Cindy McCain has not been made a major advisor or player in the McCain campaign. She has remained a private citizen.

todd said...

Liberals are retarded Barack is no exception. He and she have from the beginning worked as a team call it a co presidency. Yet in classic liberal fasion he is hiding under her skirt when it suits him occasionally poking his head out and snapping at anyone who dares to notice. Lets see Cindy McCain or Michelle Obama, doh, Cindy! No brainer baby.

Indigo Red said...

They have indeed spoken as though this would be another co-presidency since the last one worked out so well.

Bill would, and still does, hide in his wife's skirts, or pantsuits, when he gets in trouble. Barry is doing the same, as you say, Todd.

Cindy has only once spoken in this campaign and that was to say she has always been proud of America. That does not make her a political operative on the same level as co-campaigner, Michelle.

todd said...

You’re absolutely right. Sorry about the mis-spell I meant liberal fascion. Barack may not be a muslim maybe he never was a muslim maybe he was but he has the attack the critics and finger point them into silence down pat. Rinse and repeat as needed until you conquer the world. Bill hides in her pantsuits? That explains a lot. The fact is Cindy is easy to like she doesn’t make you feel like being mean and selfish. Michelle leaves me angry bitter and clingin to stuff.

Gayle said...

Obama said "If they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful."

Ooooooh! That sounds like a threat! Just what is he going to do about it? Bring out a baseball bat and start clobbering members of the GOP??? This truly does show that he is immature!

I've thought for quite a while that Obama would not truly be the president if he got into the Oval Office. Michelle would be running the country just like she runs him, and although Obama would be a disaster, Michelle would be even worse! Regarding Obama's statement though, he's simply making an attempt to appear manly and all he's accomplishing is to look pathetically silly.

Indigo Red said...

Excellent observations, Gayle. There have been several Presidents with dominant wives, First Ladies. I don't know how they were seen at the time, but I do know that Hillary rubbed folks against the grain. I think Michelle is pretty much the same.

Watching the video, we see Barry with a dopey grin after he issues the warning, like a little boy defending Mom. Remember, Barry's a boy/man with a single mother as the only constant in his life. And now Michelle.

DD2 aka Debonair Dude said...

Hee, hee, hee
Yeah Wight!

dcat said...

She looks just as evil as he does!

Gayle said...

Yes, he has two women running him. I know nothing about his mother, but enough about Michelle to understand she's a control freak.