Thursday, April 24, 2008

Peace Activists Attack Children and Cripples

Peace proponents are getting hypocritically violent. Fox News has this story:

A man heckling First Lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna outside the 92nd Street Y was arrested after he punched a wheelchair-bound girl whose parents had told him to shut up, authorities said Wednesday.

German Talis, 22, was shouting obscenities at the Bushes, who were leaving the building Tuesday, when he crossed paths with Wendy and John Lovetro and their daughter Maureen, 18, who has cerebral palsy.

They had been in the audience to hear the Bushes talk about their children's book, "Read All About It."

"He began yelling about Iraq and Iran at Jenna Bush. She was waving at the crowd. I told the guy, 'What are you doing? Shut up. This is about a child and books,' " said John Lovetro. "He was unperturbed. I said, 'Get out of here! You're being a moron!' "

The next thing he knew, Talis was allegedly punching Maureen, a fan of the first lady since meeting her in 2004.
There was a time when I knew that Peace Protesters were protesting for peace, now I'm not sure they aren't protesting peace itself.

Also read, A Soldier's Perspective, "When Violence Equals Peace". The story is about a 14 year old boy beaten by peaceniks at A Gathering of Eagles on April 22, just two days ago. Blogger, Wordsmith, says his piece at Flopping Aces.



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

9 comments:

Todd said...

The lunatics are running the asylum they are coming at us from every angle they lurk in each and every shadow. And that’s why I never leave home without my trusty Arkansas toothpick. Go naked unto the world at you own peril grasshopper.

Indigo Red said...

That's a fine idea, Todd. Dental hygeine is important throughout the day.

Gayle said...

Todd called you "grasshopper"! LOL!

I keep my teeth clean too. ;)

Something truly needs to be done about these peaceful people before they kill us all off!

Indigo Red said...

I was once the victim of a slip of the tongue when a little girl called me 'Flower'. Her parents were horrified and started to correct her. The little girl was terribly embarrassed. I quickly jumped to her defense and in my best Bambi voice said, "She can call me Flower if she wants to."

Now, she is grown and sometimes calls me Flower.

////////

The peace activists of today remind me of a bumber sticker from way back when people would stick a $1.50 gummed poster that was impossible to remove on their $30,000 cars. The sticker said, "Give Peace a Chance, or I'll kill you!"

Mike's America said...

Worse yet, the assailant was is one of those 9/11 Truthers who thinks the U.S. govt. was behind the September 11th attacks.

These people think that their right to disrupt and disturb what they consider the evil Bush regime has led them to infringe on the civil liberties and rights of ordinary citizens.

And they say Bush is Hitler?

Indigo Red said...

Now, why am I not surprised, Mike.

dcat said...

Reading this just got me a bit more angry!

It made me realize that the peaceniks really hate this country! They need to move to the Middle East with the Taliban!

Indigo Red said...

You're absolutely right, dcat, they do hate America, but that's what is required to be in the liberal club. Moving to the M.E. - now, that would be nice of them. Don't hold your breath though.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Nothing quite like seeing pacifists and peace activists turn violent to preach their message of "peace".