Since 1916, the Ajo Copper News has been the weekly newspaper serving Ajo, Why, & Lukeville in Southwestern Arizona and will for many more years. And we all wish the Ajo Copper News webmaster all the best and get well soon.
February 13, 2008
• The Ajo Historical Society has had a new security system installed at the museum.
• The Pima County Sheriff's Department is advising residents to make sure they lock their doors before retiring for the night following multiple reports of a prowler.
• The Western Pima County Community Council met last Thursday. Topics included Pima Community College educational opportunities; a letter from Judge Kearney about court in Ajo; the community garden consortium, updates about law enforcement, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, skatepark status, and a report from county supervisor Sharon Bronson's office.
• Activities for the week include a Valentine's dance, rummage and food sales, Cabeza Prieta Natural History Association field trips, and lectures and storytime at the library.
• Oscar Perez, 49, died February 4, 2008, in a Phoenix hospital. The family is asking for donations to pay for funeral arrangements through Douglass Funeral Home.
• Happy Birthday Hoppy & Moppy David!
• Carmen Maya is celebrating her 85th birthday on Valentine's Day.
(The webmaster is recovering from surgery and will be undergoing chemotherapy. Web news may be delayed.)
Ajo Copper News
The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.