Thursday, February 21, 2008

Nevada Surprise


Unexpected and fun things can happen on the Internet. Last month, I wrote about Michelle Obama and the correct pronunciation of the state name Nevada. That was a bit of fun as many people in the public eye mispronounce the name of the beautiful state of Nevada.

Yesterday, I went to my mailbox and found the usual junk mail, bills, and a large, thick, white envelope. It was a dark and stormy night so I couldn't see the return address til I got back inside.

The Nevada Commission on Tourism sent a package of tour information. I received a copy of Nevada Magazine, Nevada Visitors Guide, Nevada Adventure Guide, and a Nevada State Map. Nevada is wildly varied state and really quite pretty.

I can't be sure that this package was sent because of the January post, but I don't know that it wasn't. I wonder what would happen if I wrote about Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

A big THANK YOU to the Nevada Tourism Commission and whoever read the blog posting.



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

2 comments:

Marie's Two Cents said...

Well it sounds like they want you to come visit Nevada Indigo lol

Indigo Rose said...

We'll meet you in Reno... or traveling the other direction from home, we can go on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Tour.
Nevada can be a pretty state... pick travel times wisely; somewhere between snow and heat ;-)
Skiing, gambling, railroads, wild horses, protitution, camel races, ranching, shopping ... something for everyone.