Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolution for 2008 (if I can keep it)


Resolutions and goals are not for me - never have been. After a few weeks or months, if one really pushes oneself, the resolution is abandoned. As in war, the plan, not truth, is the first casualty. This past year I have been remiss in my blogging and my brain has paid the price. I might be getting that 'old timer's disease'. Or madcow, I don't know.

When I recently went into the archives to read some old posts that people had accessed, my reaction was oft times, "Wow! Did I write that?" Sometimes, it was, "Good lord! Did I write that?" I much prefer the former to the latter, but for good or ill, I wrote both the good and the bad. And sometimes the ugly. The commonalities of the good posts were a sense of urgency and heartfelt passion, an unrehearsed stream of thoughts and words that somehow coalesced with a semblance of sense.

So, get to the point already? Okay, okay. Here it is: I will write, at least, one post a day - good, bad, or indifferent. I hope that by the end of 2008, I will not only have a minimum of 366 more posts (I had to pick a Leap Year, sheesh!), but also be a better, smarter writer and maybe even a better person. The 'better, smarter' part is a stretch, but 366 is closer to doable.


The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

12 comments:

dcat said...

Resolutions? What is that?

Gayle said...

I don't make resolutions either, Indigo. There doesn't seem to be much point as I never keep them!

Indigo Red said...

I never keep them, but this seems something I can do.

Rivka said...

indigo,
I came to your blog because I am refreshed by your forthrightness. I appreciate your comments on mine too. You don't pull any punches and you have a great sense of humor. O.K. enough dribble. Keep up the good work!

You have a great story as to how you used to be a liberal before 9/11. Does that mean you aren't now? I am careful not to assume anything!

Indigo Red said...

Not now. I don't think I was ever really a Liberal Democrat. I was supposed to care about others and the party that did that was the party of Bleeding Hearts.

I will write today's post on that subject. Thanks for the thought, Rivka.

Healing Song said...

I think the best name I can give things I want to strive to do better on is a commitment rather than a resolution. That way, I can hold myself accountable to doing better.

Indigo Red said...

That's a good idea, except that I'm a guy - committment issues and all that.

SIREN said...

Great blog you have Indigo. I really like your Happy New Year pic.

Indigo Red said...

Why, thank you, Siren.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I never keep them, but this seems something I can do.

So far, so good.

Indigo Red said...

Thanks, Word. It's been a struggle even in the short period that's past since starting. I'm hoping that after 30 days this will all get easier. Scientists says that actions practiced for 30 days become a new habit. If nothing else, I'll prove them right or wrong.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You've only got a few hours left to make a new post. Chop, chop!