Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Pelosi Revelation


Nancy Pelosi, Democrat Speaker of the House of Representatives, has demonstrated once again that she is one of the most incredible (defined as so implausible as to elicit disbelief) people in Washington, D.C. And I, for one, was astonished by what she had to say.

Speaking of Republicans and the Battle for Iraq, Pelosi said,

They like this war. They want this war to continue ... We thought that they shared the view of so many people in our country that we needed a new direction in Iraq ... But the Republicans have made it very clear that this is not just George Bush's war. This is the war of the Republicans in Congress.
The ever squishy Speaker then modified her remarks.

I shouldn't say they like the war ... They support the war, the course of action that the president is on.
But that wasn't the astonishing part. What Miss Nancy said next was astonishing. For all the lunacy demonstrated by this woman, begrudgingly I have given her credit for being a grown-up who, as a grown-up, must recognize that other grown-ups do, in fact, disagree on a panoply of subjects. After saying she has finally recognized that other people - Republicans, specifically - actually support the Battle for Iraq, support President Bush, support the troops, and support the idea of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for everyone, contrary to her own positions, Miss Nancy said,

And that was a revelation to me, because I thought the American people's voices were so - and still are - so strong in this regard [i.e. in total opposition to the President, any war to defeat totalitarian theology, and unswerving support for freedom, liberty, in short, all the stuff that makes life worth living.]
I am astonished the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, has only now realized that not everyone agrees with her. I am astonished she has only now admitted others actually have opinions opposing hers. I am astonished she has only now realized the Battle for Iraq and the World Terror War is actually supported, even if very reluctantly, by the majority of citizens - the only plausible explanation for its continuance. I am astonished by the arrogance and naivete of the holder of one of the most powerful and influential offices in this great land. I am astonished that she still has supporters.



SOURCE:
Breitbart/AP


The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

14 comments:

Mike's America said...

Meanwhile, Pelosi has another sex scandal involving the House Pages on her hands. You won't hear anything about it in the "news" as it doesn't involve Republicans.

And while ole Nanc claimed "fiscal responsibility" as one of the cornerstones of Dem control, the expenses of her personal office have increased 63% over Hastert, including $16,000 for flowers.

No matter how many roses she puts in the place, it still smells.

dcat said...

Pelosi gets my vote...That is for dipshit of the year award!

Tom C said...

A southerner would simply say, "Bless her heart!" The usual connotation being that she is so stupid she is beyond contempt.

Indigo Red said...

As a Yankee, Tom, I've heard people say, "Bless her heart!" in all sincerity. The connotation being that no act or thought could have been more generous.

In the spirit of crossing the Mason/Dixon divide, "Bless her heart! And bless your heart, too, Tom!" Anyone with a lick of sense will understand.

Tom C said...

LOL yes I do!

Marie's Two Cents said...

First of all thank's for visiting my blog :-)

As for Syriana Pelosi, she has understood all along that not quite all the American people want to see us lose the GWOT (Iraq being the main front) and clearly knew she didnt have much of a majority when she won. Or when they (The Liberals) won last year's election.

Personally, I think alot of Republicans stayed home for whatever reason and didnt vote, I'm just not buying the "The people voted for change" arguement.

It is nice to be recognized however :-)

Nice Pic of Pelosi BTW.

Mind if I give you a link? You have a great blog here :-)

Marie's Two Cents said...

Yes sir :-)

Marie's Two Cents

http://mariestwocents.blogspot.com

Indigo Red said...

Wish I had this quote when I started, but then I wouldn't feel so good about making the very same observation as so esteemed a personage as William F. Buckley who said,

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there ARE other views."

Jason said...

Indigo

I'm sorry to reach out to you through a post - but without a "contact" button that I could find, this was my only option for reaching you.

I wanted to tell you that I enjoy your blogs quite a bit. They are well thought out and skillfully written.

I run a blog site called http://www.i-hate-hillary.com After putting the site up for a few months as a test, we were a bit surprised by how much traffic we were able to get. That was the good news. The bad news was that as more people came, the demand grew for better content, and keeping the site updated and marketed was keeping me from having the time to write high-quality content (well, that, and a complete lack of political writing skill).

So....after rethinking the strategy, I've decided that the best course of action was to look outside at some of the better, more qualified writers, and ask if I could use some of your content on our site? Although not all posts on your blog are relevant to our site, I'd like to ask permission to use the ones that seem to be a good fit. Of course, it would be under your name, and a link back to your own site would be provided as well.

Please let me know your thoughts. I'd consider it an honor to feature your work on our site.

Thanks

Jason
I-Hate-Hillary.com

bernie said...

Off-topic, but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Indigo Red said...

Thank you, Bernie. Good wishes are never off topic.

From one atheist to another, Happy Chanukah.

Rivka said...

Indigo,
Glad I found your blog.

You are so spot on right about Pelosi. It is amazing that we have two crack pot's leading the house and the senate.

I really hope the ones who thought they would punish the republicans and not vote learned their lesson.

I really think the majority of American's are FOR the war in Iraq. I think the polls are wrong and I think once again the liberals have succeeded in using their talking points to brainwash Americans into thinking the war isn't popular. Every time you watch Fox there would be a lib on their saying, "Most Americans don't support this war".. It finally caught on and then everyone was saying it including the ones who were for it.

Mike's America said...

Merry Christmas Indigo!

And best wishes for a Happy New Year!

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Merry Christmas Indigo!

And best wishes for a Happy New Year!