Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Technology is a wonderful thing -- until is doesn't work

I am writing this from work. I am also typing very quickly as blogging from work is frowned upon. I am doing so because my computer at home died. There is no Internet connection anymore and I am, for the first time in a couple of years, totally without access to the world except short periods at work. I feel lost and disconnected.

My machine is a DELL and I've been very happy with it. This is my first computer so I didn't know what I really wanted in the guts of the thing. Now I have a better idea of what I want and need. So, while I have the Internet card replaced and other necessary repairs worked on, I will also have some upgrades installed that will bring me kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

I'll be back soon. Now, if anybody wants to send me a million dollars and a nickle, please feel free to contact me through the Indigo e-mail provided in the profile section. Such a gift would be doubly appreciated as today is my birthday and I am now 53 years old. I am on the downside of the hill and could use the money in lieu of the problematic Social Security and my paltry 401K.

As it is my B-Day, I'd like to thank all of you readers, many of whom have become trusted friends, for the recognition of my views, opinions, and work. I derive great satisfaction in knowing that my puny words are read by people from U.S.A. to Australia to India to Iran, Iraq, Kazachstan, Mongolia, Japan, China(where I am banned), South Africa, Israel, Great Britain, France, Russia, Canada, to ships at sea, and even the Imam who left a comment from Tehran when I posted to the Mo'toons. My life has been greatly rewarded by contact with all of you. Thank you.


The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

8 comments:

don said...

Happy Birthday Indi. Your blog has become part of my life and I hope you both have a long productive future.

Tom C said...

Ditto that one.

dcat said...

And many, many more! ^..^

Indigo Red said...

Thank you very much, guys. getting older, fatter, and not prettier is hard enough, but losing my immediate contact with the outside world has been horrifying. I will be back up soon.

dcat said...

Really enjoy! It's a good thing!

You become more outspoken in your old age! :D

Indigo Red said...

I need a new computer. Mine is fried. This Gateway520 is nice. But so is the HP laptop.

I hate modern life...too damn many decisions!

Mike's America said...

Happy Birthday!

As for the million dollars and a nickel the check is in the mail.

Indigo Red said...

Thanks, Mike.

When I arrived in Southern California 27 yrs ago, I didn't have two nickles to rub together. Now with your generous gift, I'll have the other nickle.