Monday, July 16, 2007

Kill All the Lawyers and Everybody Else For Good Measure

The Environazis are at it again. This time they don't just want simply to stop development. Now they are going after us, mankind, humans, Homo Sapiens - you, me, and all our progeny. The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement advances the proposition that all humans should cease reproducing completely.

Alan Weisman, a journalist - exactly the kind of expert we should be looking to for the future of the species and well-being of the planet, by golly! - has written a 'how-to' book, "The World Without Us". Mr. Weisman proceeds to ponder on how to do-in mankind through evacuations on spaceships (where to, buddy?), or just kill everybody with a virus benign to the rest of the biosphere. Mr. Weisman, it must be noted, is 60 years old and childless - his only daughter died. I can fully understand how that could turn any loving parent into a Gloomy Gus, but that's no excuse for wanting to take it out on the rest of us. many others have also lost children, but don't advocate killing off humankind in its entirety. Happily, Mr. Weisman has come to his senses and has seen some of the good and wonderful things wrought by our odious species. Read more at Indigo Continuum.

I have wondered for many years exactly what good humans have done for Earth, too. For the life of me I can't think of anything. There seems to be no positive purpose to be here. We consume everything and give back -- what? As disgusting as they may be, at least cockroaches and flies breakdown waste into usable compost. Even with all my wondering, I cannot bring myself to advocate killing off the entire species. That's just nuts.

But NEWSWEEK thinks it's an "intriguing thought experiment". Well, isn't that special! I say we need more sound advice from journalists.



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

10 comments:

dcat said...

First things first!

Glad that you are up and running again Indigo!

I was just going through my email and looks like my enemy is back! UGH!

Stupid ass liberals!

The bugs would rule if we were extinct. Like islam now thinking they are superior with liberals in tow!

Mike's America said...

Let's make the VHEM mandatory for liberals.

Indigo Red said...

The liberals were the first folks who came to my mind also, Mike. Some a little faster than others to be sure.

Gayle said...

LOL! This guy is clearly off of his rocker, Indigo. Someone who hates humanity that much should be carefully watched. He may be dangerous to himself and others!

RoxieAmerica said...

The danger of stopping births, is you create a nation of old people, that can be easily defeated...

Just a wild thought... I can have those.

Mike's America said...

Indigo: Have you gone on vacation or just taking a blog break?

don said...

Indi I hope you are OK and this is just more computer problems.

Indigo Red said...

Thanks for the concern, folks. I'm still having technology problems.

I've gone through tech services at AT&T, Dell, and Micro Center. All the techs said the problem was within my machine, so I bought a new machine. That didn't fix the problem. However, I know now that the problem is a malfunctioning $30.00 modem. When that is replaced either this afternoon or tomorrow, I'll be back as usual.

dcat said...

crap!

You mean I came here for nothing! ;)

Indigo Red said...

Yep, pretty much!