Saturday, May 05, 2007

RNC Answers DCCC War Funding E-mail

Miss Nancy, Speaker of the House, sent me an e-mail uno de Mayo, highly critical of the President, his policies, and was full of lies and distortions. The following day, Miss Nancy's Democrat organ, DCCC, accessed "Indigo Red" - twice - to read what I had written. The third of May, the RNC (Republican National Committee) sent an e-mail. While not as vituperative as my response, Mike Duncan did cover much the same ground, and that's why the letter is reprinted here without internal comment from me. You all can hear the difference in tone and style between the Democrat and Republican positions for yourselves.

Dear [Indigo Red] ,

Last week, the Democrat-led House and Senate - despite a veto promise from the President - passed a so-called war funding bill that handcuffs our generals in Iraq, insists on a surrender date, and contains billions of dollars in pork spending unrelated to the war. What is most amazing is that it took 80 days from the date the President requested this emergency troop funding for Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to finalize their flawed version of the legislation, and another 5 days for Pelosi to deliver the bill to the President.

Just hours after receiving the legislation, the President fulfilled his promise to veto the bill and sent it back to Pelosi and Reid . In an
address to the nation Tuesday night, President Bush laid out his reasons for vetoing this bill, and renewed his commitment to work with leaders of both parties to pass clean legislation which supports our troops.

Before the bill even arrived at the White House, leading Democrats had signaled their unwillingness to compromise. Click
Here to see Democrat Senator Joe Biden tell supporters that they were going to "shove" the bill "down [the President's] throat." Biden, the man once called "the Democrat's expert on foreign policy" by Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid, was proven wrong a short time later when Nancy Pelosi's attempt to force an override of the President's veto was soundly defeated in the House.

One of the things that sets us apart from the Islamic fascists is that we believe in freedom of speech and open political debate. But I truly believe that most Americans, whether they are Republicans, Democrats, or Independents, believe that we owe it to our men and women in uniform to support them in every way possible. Delaying an emergency funding bill that they desperately need while introducing more partisan legislation is not what we expect from any of our political leaders, no matter which party they belong to.

Contact your Congressman and Senator. Urge them to work with the President to pass a clean bill that funds our troops, trusts our military commanders, and helps keep the American people safe.


Sincerely,



Robert M. "Mike" Duncan
Chairman, Republican National Committee



Perhaps it's a small thing, but Republicans writing e-mails use their full names rather than the Democrat practice of using only one. Using only a first name does not make us familiars, or friends, it doesn't show me any more concern on the letter writer's part. It does tell me that the letter writer is being condescending and rude. Both parties address me by my first name, however, the RNC asked how I was to be addressed, the Democrat party assumed an informality and familial attitude without so much as a 'How do you do?'

I get emails from 'Nancy', 'Diane', 'Barbara', and 'Hillary' as if we were old friends sitting down for tea. I have friends; I know what friends are; Senators, Speaker, you are not friends. The fact that I would not invite them into my home for any reason does not seem to occur to them at all. I find the practice to be very rude.

And Joe Biden is an idiot, a Democrat dolt who, like a rodeo clown, provides comic relief. I think the surgeons took too much of his brain a few years back.



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

9 comments:

Don said...

I am an Independent not a Republican. The Democratic party is so far left of what I believe is best for America that I might as well be a registered Republican. Lieberman is the only Dem. that seems to be in touch with reality.

Indigo Red said...

I think in reality, most folks are Independents, Don. I certainly am. But there're the problems of not being able to choose who runs in the primaries, only voting for the least of the poor choices in the general. If the Independents got their own party candidates to run, maybe that would draw people to them.

However, that poses it's own set of problems. If Indeipendents (and Libertarians) could agree on a ticket, then they wouldn't be Independents (or Libertarians). The situation would be a contradiction of basic philosophies. It would be like kids and fashions - the kids want to be different so they all dress alike, listen to the same music, speak the same slang - can't be truly Independent if there is agreement.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I find the practice to be very rude.

I wonder if it's in part, symptomatic of our culture in general? I mean, when I was growing up, I recall calling adults "Mr" and "Mrs.". I was also a military brat, and was required to say "yes, sir/no, sir", "yes ma'am/no, ma'am". It was normal for me, and I didn't think twice about it.

Now that I'm an adult, children talk to me often like we're friends, rather than according me the respect of an adult. I notice that the kids who do this, also interact with their parents like friends, and not like parent and child. There's a certain lack of respect, there. Formalities, I believe, can nurture a frame of mind and a frame of spirit that I think fosters discipline and an attitude of respect. I think this is sorely needed in schools. Can one go overboard? Sure. But, as it stands, I think we've gone overboard in the other direction with the lack of formalities.

Can you imagine, in the military, if they disregarded saluting senior officers and called them "Hey, buddy..."?

Indigo Red said...

I believe that to be true, Wordsmith. When I grew up it was Mr and Mrs., also. Many years ago at a high school reunion, I met up with my favorite art teacher. After so many years and all being adults, he asked us to call him Mario. We all tried, but shortly it was Mr. again. Calling this man by his first name just didn't seem right.

The discipline angle is also interesting. I work with men who are several years my junior and senior. We call each by our first names and there were always discipline problems - jobs were slow to start, progress, and end. I started referring to each man by Mr Tony, Mr John, so on. The whole situation turned around. Jobs get done, the men get along better, there is more cooperation and concern. That small honorific of Mister goes a long way in providing that respect so lacking in today's informal society.

Thank you, Mr. Wordsmith.

don said...

Wordsmith has hit on something very fundamental here. I was not raised in a military family but the rules were the same. Heaven help one of us boys if we referred to a "grown up" by their first name. I can still remember my mother's pride if someone remarked on her boy's good manners.

Indigo Red said...

Exactly right, Don. Pride and respect were drilled into me and my siblings. Pride and respect today are reserved for perverted thugs while those who actually deserve and have pride and respect are ridiculed and shunned.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

We call each by our first names and there were always discipline problems - jobs were slow to start, progress, and end.

You know...when I was also growing up, the idea of wearing school uniforms was appalling to us. We loved our freedom! We loved to express ourselves. But I think there is something to be said about being required to wear uniforms. To follow a strict dress code. The Japanese had it right; and I think it's helped many private schools who require school uniforms. It puts one in a frame of mind that one is at school to study. Not to exercise one's freedom to screw around.

This is a bit peripheral to the topic, but a very successful man I know who navigates through the corporate world, is always dressed in a suit and tie, wherever and whenever at all possible. This not only affects the way he feels about himself, but it influences the way others will perceive him. He's treated accordingly, by the way he's dressed. He has a book out that has a chapter devoted to how important it is to dress like someone of significance.

And Mr. Red? You have my formal permission to call me by whatever moniker you deem apropriate.

dcat said...

Islam has a dress code... Have fun! Count me out boys!

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

The military has one too...count me in.

I don't understand how you got from dress code to Islam, dcat.