Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rosie O'Donnell Running Scared

Don Imus was fired by the left. Tom Delay and the right called for the sacking of Rosie O'Donnell from the VIEW. And leftist Rosie is running on empty and running scared.

In her own words:

unreal

Posted by ro
[Rosie O'Donnell] on April 14th at 4:12pm in home


a huge terrible storm is coming
a nor easter
the potential hail has bumped imus
off r top story tonight

i was on the stoprosie site

• “You know, this President invaded a sovereign nation in defiance of the UN. He is basically a war criminal. Honestly. He should be tried at The Hague.”
• “Don’t fear the terrorists. They’re mothers and fathers.”
• “Democracy is threatened in a way it hasn’t been in 200 years and if America doesn’t stand up we’re in big trouble.”

correct quotes
thank you ethan
well done

and yes i stand by all of them
however on number 2
i would like the word terrorist
in quotations

dont fear “TERRORISTS” - they are mothers and fathers

u see
since terror been used to scare americans
since 9 11
terrorists - terrorists - everywhere
all of them - bad guys
terrorists - after us - here and there
they sold it
we bought it

we gave away r civil liberties
fear works

the 911 terrorists
most came from saudi arabia
and we invaded 2 other countries
minor details

here is the point
i was trying to make
to elisabeth
who cant see any of “them”
as anything but terrorists

hundreds of thousands of humans
not “terrorists”
iraqi mothers and fathers
have been killed by US

those innocent ones
the mothers and fathers
they r not “terrorists”

try to paint with a huge brush
a big mess

borderlines everywhere

the media has demonized arabs
the facts about the death toll on all sides
is sickening and under reported

i am against this war
i support all the troops
i want them home

i have decided that from now on
i will talk about other things
on the view

like y thousands still live in renaissance village
18 months after katrina

or that 28 million american children live in dire poverty

that 1/2 of all black and hispanic kids in america
do not graduate from high school

1 in 150 autistic = EPIDEMIC

half a million children r in foster care
they r lost
the system is broken

from now on i will not raise my voice
about this criminal administration
i am sick of screaming IMPEACH

unreal
from now on i will say
unreal
ok
just know on the inside
i will be yelling

unreal
i am registering as an independent
cause i am sick of both sides
cowardly silence

as democracy dies

finally a blog
no pray
no play

Permalink
Comments are closed.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Rosie is using the John Kerry Defense here, "This is what I meant to say before I said what I really meant." Everyone who heard knows what Rosie said and knows what Rosie meant. We don't need "Ethan" to reiterate or provide the foil for explanations.

No more talk about "IMPEACH BUSH", huh? Why not; got kids to feed and got a little scared of losing the "View" gig? Oh, BTW, we are sick of hearing you scream, "IMPEACH", too. In fact, we are sick of you screaming anything.

I know autistic kids. They're family. Too many kids and families experience autism. But, I'm sorry, 1 in 150 does not equal an EPIDEMIC. Besides "epidemic" medically refers to disease. Autism is not a disease; it is a very unfortunate disruption of fetal brain development. There are no germs involved and autism is not contagious like an epidemic disease. But, I'm glad to hear Rosie is planning to do something worthwhile to help people instead of being in the way and part of the problem.

Because Rosie has turned-off the comments form on her blog (hmmmm, I wonder why?), please feel free to respond to her on this blog.



The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

12 comments:

Gail said...

More kids are diagnosed with autism every year in this country. It's too bad you are so cold toward these childern because of your hatred of Rosie O'Donnell. Kids with autism are not political pawns, indigo red.

Indigo Red said...

No, that's not what I meant, Gayle. Like I said, I have family members with autism. What I don't want is for Rosie O'Donnell to go off half-cocked on some new crusade and cause people to become tired of the problem because of "Rosie overload". It happens all too frequently that so much light is cast upon a certain cause and people get burned out.

My other point was to keep autism in perspective. ADHD is now becoming understood to have been a much smaller problem than it was cracked up to be, like Bird Flu. Most of those kids who were put on drugs like Ritalin, as my nephew was, simply didn't need the drugs because there was nothing wrong with them. The "problem" was the adults who didn't want to deal with kids being kids. The "cure" seems to be allowing recess to part of the school day again.

We are blowing things way out of proportion if we are saying 1 in 150 children with autism is an "epidemic" because it is not an epidemic. An Epidemic is:

adj.
1. Spreading rapidly and extensively by infection and affecting many individuals in an area or a population at the same time: an epidemic outbreak of influenza.
2. Widely prevalent: epidemic discontent.

n.
1. An outbreak of a contagious disease that spreads rapidly and widely.
2. A rapid spread, growth, or development: an unemployment epidemic.

epidemic synonyms
noun
1. A sudden increase in something, as the occurrence of a disease: outbreak, plague, rash 2. See increase.Autism does not spread because it is not a disease.

We have no idea how prevalent autism was in the past, so we have no idea if there has been any increase at all. According to a recent report on ABCNews, many children now being diagnosed as autistic who are, in fact, not autistic.

Rather than running off condemning thousands of children and families to lives as falsely diagnosed autistics simply because it is the day's crisis, let's step back and let the research continue so we know what autism is and is not.

Rosie O'Donnell is a fine spokesperson, but hardly an authority and, quite frankly, far too emotional and unstable to be telling anyone what is and isn't an epidemic.

I didn't poiliticize the autism issue. In this case, Rosie did by just saying she would devote her time to this particular cause. As a liberal, Rosie O'Donnell will, of course, look first and last to government to "fix" the problem. That means the politicization of autism which is definetly NOT in the best interest of those people with autism and those wrongly diagnosed.

And finally, I do not hate Rosie O'Donnell. I hate her politics. When she sticks with the things she does best - entertainment, comedy - she is very good and I enjoy her work very much. I was very disappointed when child abuse charges were leveled against her. I found the charges quite hard to believe. When she was finally diagnosed with depression, I could understand the bizarre acts over the years. I have depression, too. She has gotten the help she needs, but no anti-depressant can cure depression and liberalism. I got help for the depression and the liberalism, but the treatments are separate.

Indigo Red said...

My error. The person I was addressing should have been Gail, not Gayle. Too different people.

dcat said...

Gail,

Oh I see, you are an asshole along with Rose! Let's leave the kids out of it SHALL WE!

That is what Rose would say if she wasn't Rose.

A left is a left Indigo and there is nothing to it!

Gayle said...

Indigo red, that first comment here was not made by me! That person spelled her name "Gail." Mine is "Gayle", and you must have thought it was me as you responded to her with the spelling of my name.

I happen to agree with you here, and I know what you meant. Man! I'm sure glad I came over here and saw this!

I don't hate Rosie either, she's too insignificant to me for hatred. I simply find her obnoxious and disgusting. I think she's been hanging upside down too long. :)

Blessings.

Indigo Red said...

Thanks GAYLE. That is what I thought. I was writting at work and in a rush. The spelling difference didn't occur to me until I hit the publish button. Then I had an immediate "DOH!" moment and corrected the error in the next comment.

I'm glad you come over here at all!

Gayle said...

I must have read this comment section in to much of a hurry. I didn't see your first comment where you caught your error. I just was frantic for you to know I never would have made such a totally stupid comment! I have my reputation for being a reasonable person to uphold. :) (Course I don't expect liberals to agree with me on that.)

I don't watch The View and didn't watch it even before Rosie's true ignoramous nature showed it's repulsive head (It goes rather well with her face). I don't like listening to a bunch of women sitting around yacking like clucking chickens. It's just not my cup of tea. I imagine the b*tch has been reprimanded by Disney (who is taking a lot of heat because of her). She's an arrogant, fat slob with a mouth and a complete absence of any rational thought whatsoever. "The Terrorists are mothers and fathers too." Right! Mothers and fathers who send their children out with bombs strapped to their little bodies in order to kill innocent people. What lovely parents they are!

(Sorry, I'm not done yet.)

There are many other nitwits out there just like her, but thankfully most of them don't have a world wide audience to babble their insanity to. If she didn't have that air time, she'd simply be another malcontent with a grudge against America. These people are all ungrateful b*stards who take advantage of all the good things this country has to offer, as well as free speech which they have because brave men, just like our soldiers now, have fought and died for their right to spout their insane drivel. This is the only country in the entire world that would put up with that sort of traitorous rhetoric on national television, especially during a time of war, but instead of being grateful to be living in a country that allows her to do that, she spouts venom and hatred. She may be a huge person on the outside, but on the inside she is small and twisted. I would actually kill myself before I would trade places her. Now you know what I think of Rosie.

Sorry for turning this comment into a post, and bless you for putting up with my rant. :)

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

And of course, now we have Tokyo Rosie weighing in (pun intended) with her expertise on gun control: basically, do as I say, not as I do.

Someone send her the XXXL t-shirt that reads "guns kill people the way spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat"

The Great Satans Sr Intern said...

Might Rosie be ordered by the court of public opinion to move in with Imus on the ranch for six months. Both Imus and Rosie might both benifit, chuck in Larry King and in the words of that great peace maker from the West{Left} Coast, Cant we all just get along?.. I now get 100% of my news from the Mother Jones, Larry the cable guy, and the AARP news updates, and I am still better informed then those who watch the View, Larry King, or the late, great Don Imus.

Indigo Red said...

At the risk of seeming crass, Rosie often exhibits many of the same qualities as the Virginia Tech killer, except the quiet part. She is narcisistic, believes herself to be an authority on everything, demands acceptance and attention, subscribes to bizarre conspiracy theories, and hates those who disagree with her. In other circumstances, Rosie could be the next mass killer.

dcat said...

AARP!? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now there is another group of liberal jackasses!!!

Indigo Red said...

Yeah. Well amybe so, but I get discount movie tickets from AARP. That's gotta be worth something.