Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Indigo Red Demands Apology From Don Imus

Don Imus called the Rutger University women's basketball team, the Lady Scarlet Knights, "nappy headed 'hos". The women have demanded an apology because they say they are not "nappy headed 'hos".

Well, let me just say that I am not a nappy headed 'ho, either. And I want an apology.

To be accurate here, I should say that during the broadcast of the Don Imus show in question, an off-camera voice was heard to call the team "some hardcore hos." Not one to be beaten at being disgusting, Imus chimed in with, "That's some nappy-headed hos there, I'm gonna tell you that now."

Speaking of the Tennessee players, Imus said, "they all look cute. At that point another disembodied off-camera voice says the game was a match-up between "jiggaboos vs. wannabes." Jiggaboos. Why didn't he just add pickaninny, spade, golliwog, nigra, jungle-bunny, spearchucker, and so many, many other more colorful terms used to degrade an entire group of people. And if the theory of evolution is correct, then I, a white European, would be a 3,764,628th generation African.

So let me say it again. I am not a nappy headed ho and I want an apology just like the Rutgers University women's basketball team.


The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

1 comment:

The Great Satans Sr Intern said...

Indigo Red...Saw your Hunky Chunky Candy Bars,@ Crazy Rants...I am a true Tar Baby ,the Devil, I get to call her Master, made me comment....Could not let you not be offended. As a man of color, off pink is a color, I am offended on a daily basis at work. My "High and Tight military hair cut is called "Skin Head Redneck. As a older short, retired military, and retired cop, who happens to own a Harley,and is loaded with Tats, I am called Poor White Scooter Trash by my fellow employees at the wigget works..As they are all have nasty, Nappy hair, and I suspect some are ho's, I am Offended that they laff at me for wearing my "Nancy is Right" ball cap and my Clinton/Clinton in 08, bumber sticker on my Hummer..Jessie, Al and David Duke, all tell me to suck it up and to remember my place.I AM TRUELY OFFENDER. Hail Nancy!!.