Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mister Ghost Grills Indigo Red

I have received many, many honors in my 52 years. While I was in High School, I was selected "Boy of the Month" in May 1972. Then there was the award in -- no, that went to someone else. But I was honored for, uhh...No, I guess Boy of the Month was about it. My god! What a sad, pitiful life!

But now, I have a grand honor. Mister Ghost has interviewed little ol' me for The In T View at Iraqi Bloggers Central.

The only known image of Mr Ghost
In this In T View, we feature the very articulate and artistic Indigo Red, hailing from the land of fruit bars and pistachio nuts, California, who covers politics, culture, history and humor in The Further Adventures Of Indigo Red. Take it away, Indigo Red...

MG: Hi Indigo, how did you become aware of Iraq The Model and decide to comment there?

Indigo Red: Oh, gosh, MG, that was such a long time ago. Let’s see...I was reading "Where Is Raed/Salam Pax", "Healing Iraq", and "Riverbend". They announced this new blog called "Iraq the Model" and, like a good little lemming, I followed everybody else and found gold.

MG: Are you as optimistic about Iraq now, as when you first started reading and commenting at ITM?

Indigo Red: No, not at all. I think many of us out here in the free world were very na├»ve about Iraq and Islam. What we expected was that Iraqis would be as married to the idea of freedom and liberty as we are. What we found was a nation and people wedded to the strict dictates of the tribe, the religion, and state dictatorship. In many ways, enthrallment is very liberating – not many personal decisions to be made. Democratic republics demand a great deal of personal choice and hard thought to arrive at those decisions. I’m not so sure Iraqis want to do the hard work for the long-term.

There are signs of change and an apparent unwillingness to go back, but it sometimes seems the choice will be for another strongman. The inclusion in the new Constitution of the clause stating Shariah Law is the basis of Iraqi law (oh, BTW, it can be changed later, wink-wink) does not bode well for the future happiness and well-being of the country’s new incarnation...
Read the rest here along with some really great illustrations.




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

4 comments:

Tom C said...

Good stuff Indi.

Indigo Red said...

Thanks Tom. I was actually abit nervous about the response because I'm not as positive about Iraqi freedom as I once was and others are. But, that's the price of freedom of speech, what?

don said...

OK Indi, I am seriously pissed now. I have to face the fact that I will never be as articulate or insightful as you! What a great interview!!! I am more addicted to your blog than I am to ITM.

Indigo Red said...

Don't underrate yourself, don. You are plenty insightful - I just use more words to get to the same place,