Monday, August 01, 2005

Bogie Hot, Tommy Not



















Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart, "The Big Sleep"


Legendary silver screen great Lauren Bacall tells TIME magazine this week that "Tom Cruise is not a great actor."

"The word 'great' stands for something. When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise."

"His whole behavior is so shocking," Bacall says. "It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially, but I think it's kind of a sickness."













Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai"




The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.



12 comments:

dcat said...

Bacall "Betty Joan Perske" is a strong woman.

Indigo Red said...

I'm secretly in love with Betty. I also know how to whistle.

Alecia said...

I always wondered what happened to that Surly Bastard...I had you added to my favorites and everything. I checked it often.
Thanks for your lovely comment tonight. I had no clue you had even paid attention to what I commented to your blog, let alone that you found and read mine. I had to go back and read your first post, and then my comment. I'm not sure my comment was good enough for you to keep reading, but I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks again, truly.

A

atheling2 said...

Bacall sure got that right! I wonder what she thinks of other Hollywood "stars"...?

Indigo Red said...

I'm sure, A2, that Betty Bacall has many opinions on many Hollywood stars of today. Those opinions are probably pretty much the same, but I'd like to hear them anyway.

Alecia, I found you quite accidently and didn't reallize you were the same Alecia. Then for some odd reason I checked Surly Bastard and there was your picture. Little miracles can happen to atheists, too. I hope you like what you read here and visit often.

YellowRose said...

Ms. Bacall couldn't have said it any better!

Tom Cruise has flipped his lid when he started spouting his opinion of postpartum depression (let him give birth, then tell me all about it!). When did he get a dr's degree? Then he began jumping on peoples couches.... The man has lost his mind! I'm so over his looks! lol

dcat said...

I didn't like cruse in that sense he is a little boy! I like men!

Indigo Red said...

Has anyone clicked on the red Tom Cruise link?

atheling2 said...

Whoa! That is hilarious! Gonna link that to my blog...

dcat said...

atheling2,

Oh so that is where you got it :) should have figured Indigo was behind it hehehehe.

atheling2 said...

I gave him a Hat Tip at the bottom of the post.

YellowRose said...

I love it Indigo!!!