Thursday, July 14, 2005

And I Have a Bridge For Sale

I received the following in my e-mail today. Those poor people; it's so sad that an entire fictional family died. I am very moved by this heartbreaking story I am going to send fictional money Issa will undoubtedly ask for in order to send me half of the fictional millions for being the fictional next-of-kin to the fictional family.

Important note: Nigeria is real.


Dear Sir/Madam,

I am BARRISTER ISSA FARUK,the personal attorney to Mr Williams Cart,a
foreigner who used to work with Mobile-producing corporation(an oil
company)in Nigeria;herein after,shall be referred to as my client. On the
21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their three children were
involved in a car accident along sagbama express road. All occupants of
the vehicle unfortunately lost there lives.

Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any
of my client`s relatives or extended relatives and this,has also proved
unsuccessful.After these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to
contact any foreigner and present him/her as the cousin to my dead
client;hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repaitrating the Lodgement left
behind by my client before they get confisticated or declared unserviceable
by the bank.Particularly,the GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL BANK PLC where the
deceased had a deposite-account valued at about 17.5million U.S dollars
has issued me a notice/mandate as his personal attorney,to provide the
next-of-kin to the deceased or have the account confisticated within the
next 14 official working days.

Since i have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over 4
years now,i seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin to the
deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at 17.5million U.S
dollars can be paid to you and then you and i can share the money.
I will assist in ensuring that all necessary legal documents as well as
other documents as required by the Bank is provided.

All I require is your honest cooperation and assistance to enable us
see this deal through. Be rest assured that as a lawyer/attorney,I shall
ensure that this transaction is executed smoothly/quickly under a
legitimate arrangement that will protect you and me from any breach of the
law.

Do get in touch with me immediately via my confidential/private email
address bassisterfaruk AT bareed DOT com or call my private tel
no:234-1-4714862 to enable us discuss further.

Best regrads,
ISSA FARUK(esq)
tel:234-1-4714862.


How do people actually fall for this stuff? All that is necessary is to see the lawyers name, recognize it as Muslim, and there you go - lie, fraud, bunko. However, if you are so inclined, please, be my guest, call Issa Faruk, esq. and stake your claim to the fictional fortune.

The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

4 comments:

Don said...

I've received dozens of these things. The fact that they keep sending them must mean that there are idiots that fall for them.

YellowRose said...

I use to get at least 5-10 a day of these...I was glad when we moved and I got a new email address! So far they haven't found me!

I can't believe anyone would actually respond to that crap.

atheling2 said...

I get them too, but mine are from China!

Anonymous said...

yea me too weird huh