Monday, June 06, 2005

Notable News

Sometimes news stories catch my attention like nothing else can. These caught my attention today:

As reported in the Washington Post, Sen. Hillary Rodham-Clinton, speaking to her 2006 re-election supporters, had this to say about the current Administration and President Bush:

"There has never been an administration, I don't think in our history, more intent on consolidating and abusing power to further their own agenda,"

and my favorite,

"It's very hard to stop people who have no shame about what they're doing. It's very hard to stop people who have never been acquainted with the truth."

I remember something about the pot calling the kettle black.

Speaking of pot -- The Supreme Court today ruled federal authorities may arrest and prosecute people who use marijuana to ease pain, even if their doctors have prescribed the drug. The Supremes have determined the laws of the various States do not trump federal laws barring the drug. However, apparently if one can not endure the pain, the Supreme Court will allow the state of Oregon to assist in your suicide.

I can't put my finger on it, but something just is not right here.

And finally, illegal aliens in Texas are shocked -- SHOCKED -- they are being arrested, jailed, and deported because they are -- drumroll, please -- ILLEGAL ALIENS!

U.S. Magistrate Judge Felix Recio said, "I want you to tell all your friends in Honduras that if they come through Brownsville, Texas, they will not be paroled into the system, and they will be put in jail and deported," when he sentenced an 18 yr. old criminal border crosser.

Well, now, at least one judge has actually read the law. Three cheers for Judge Felix Recio!

The life of Indigo Red is full of adventure. Tune in next time for the Further Adventures of Indigo Red.

3 comments:

Lani said...

Judge Recio for President!!!!

dcat said...

I think who ever is dieing of something should get what ever they wan't (the drug of choice!) If it makes them at ease!

Tom C said...

I remember my mother on morphine her last days. If she had wanted a joint, I would have moved heaven and earth to get her one.